When you have been injured in a car accident even if the driver who caused the accident is missing you may still have an uninsured motorist claim to pursue for your pain and suffering, medical bills and potentially even your property damage through your own automobile insurance policy. In Florida, you may also be eligible for victim restitution when you are injured by a hit and run vehicle or by a drunk driver.
Victim of a Hit-and-Run? Victim of a drunk-driver?
What To Do
- Call police to the scene so a report can be created. If you already left the scene, call police and report anyway as it is possible, they obtained a 9-1-1 from another driver who witnessed the accident, or are able to obtain video coverage of the accident.
- Call your insurance company to report the accident and obtain claim number.
- Seek treatment with a doctor within 14 days of the accident.
- Take pictures of your car and your injuries.
- CALL HLH to review your policy and preserve your claim.
- Do not give any recorded statements to any insurance companies, including your own.
If you have car insurance, then you have PIP coverage and potentially Med-Pay, UIM and Collision coverage. These coverages can be used to pay your expenses and pay for your pain and suffering when involved in a hit-and-run.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – $10,000.00 in coverage for immediate medical care.
- Med Pay – coverage for additional medical needs not covered by PIP.
- Collison Coverage – coverage to repair your vehicle on your insurance.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage (UM) – additional coverage for your medical care and pain and suffering when the at fault driver is uninsured or underinsured.
- Workers Compensation – available if you were driving for work at the time of the accident.
Why HLH Law Group?
Unlike many other local law firms, the owners of HLH Law Group live in Naples and are personally accessible for a FREE consultation 7 days a week.
Attorneys Catherine Little-Hunt and Melissa B. Hemmert recognize that clients often need to speak with their attorneys rather than a paralegal or secretary.
For this reason, all HLH clients are provided with their attorney’s personal email, and all client calls and emails are responded to within 24 hours.
The HLH Law Group team understands the importance of finding an attorney you can trust, when you or a family member have been injured.
You and your family should be able to focus on getting better, while we handle the rest.
HLH is here for you and your family to answer all of your questions. No case is too small, and we welcome all questions.