Victim of a Hit-and-Run? Victim of a drunk-driver?

When you have been injured in a car accident even if the driver who caused the accident is missing you may still have an uninsured motorist claim to pursue for your pain and suffering, medical bills and potentially even your property damage through your own automobile insurance policy. In Florida, you may also be eligible for victim restitution when you are injured by a hit and run vehicle or by a drunk driver.

What To Do

  1. Call police to the scene so a report can be created. If you already left the scene, call police and report anyway as it is possible, they obtained a 9-1-1 from another driver who witnessed the accident, or are able to obtain video coverage of the accident.
  2. Call your insurance company to report the accident and obtain claim number.
  3. Seek treatment with a doctor within 14 days of the accident.
  4. Take pictures of your car and your injuries.
  5. CALL HLH to review your policy and preserve your claim.
  6. Do not give any recorded statements to any insurance companies, including your own.


If you have car insurance, then you have PIP coverage and potentially Med-Pay, UIM and Collision coverage. These coverages can be used to pay your expenses and pay for your pain and suffering when involved in a hit-and-run.

  1. Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – $10,000.00 in coverage for immediate medical care.
  2. Med Pay – coverage for additional medical needs not covered by PIP.
  3. Collison Coverage – coverage to repair your vehicle on your insurance.
  4. Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage (UM) – additional coverage for your medical care and pain and suffering when the at fault driver is uninsured or underinsured.
  5. Workers Compensation – available if you were driving for work at the time of the accident.

Ask an HLH Attorney!
Schedule a FREE Consultation

An HLH attorney who specializes in your area of concern
will respond to you within 24 hours.

Dr. Catherine Little-Hunt

Florida Bar: 0238030
Ohio Bar: 0068391
Email Address:

Melissa Brady Hemmert

Florida Bar: 0242070
New Jersey Bar: 0165319971
Email Address:

Victim of a Hit-and-Run? or Victim of a drunk-driver? Sounds like a case for HLH!

Why HLH Law Group?

Unlike many other local law firms, the owners of HLH Law Group live in Naples and are personally accessible for a FREE consultation 7 days a week.

Attorneys Catherine Little-Hunt and Melissa B. Hemmert recognize that clients often need to speak with their attorneys rather than a paralegal or secretary.

For this reason, all HLH clients are provided with their attorney’s personal email, and all client calls and emails are responded to within 24 hours.

The HLH Law Group team understands the importance of finding an attorney you can trust, when you or a family member have been injured.

You and your family should be able to focus on getting better, while we handle the rest.

HLH is here for you and your family to answer all of your questions. No case is too small, and we welcome all questions.

HLH Law Group is All About You!

Call today for a FREE consultation. (239) 232-5050

Schedule a Consultation to Speak Directly to an Experienced Attorney.

Disclaimer: The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation considering the laws vary in different states and jurisdictions. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

To the extent this message contains tax advice, the U.S. Treasury Department requires us to inform you that any advice in this letter is not intended or written by our firm to be used, and cannot be used by any taxpayer, for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed under the Internal Revenue Code. Advice from our firm relating to Federal tax matters may not be used in promoting, marketing or recommending any entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer.