- Report the injury/accident to your employer immediately.
- Complete an accident report (if not provided one, text or email your boss about the accident so there is written proof of your reporting the accident to the employer).
- Take pictures of the accident area, injuries, or other relevant images.
- Seek immediate medical care with the doctor identified by the Employer or at an hospital if urgent or if the employer does not direct you to a specific medical provider.
- CALL HLH for a FREE CONSULTATION
Work Injury or Accident
What to do if injured while working (whether at fault or not).
- Medical Benefits – The Employer is to provide all medical care for which the work accident is the major contributing cause at 100% of the medical costs. There are exceptions to this benefit that can be triggered by your lack of adherence to the law, so CALL HLH TODAY to learn more.
- Loss Wage Benefits – Injured workers are eligible for payment of their lost wages while out of work due to a work injury under certain circumstances. There are temporary loss wages and permanent loss wage benefits that are decided based upon the injured worker’s ability to work and whether work is available by the employer within the workers’ restrictions. CALL HLH TODAY to learn more.
- Impairment Benefits – Injured workers can be paid impairment benefits based on permanency of their injuries as determined by a workers’ compensation physician. The amount and duration of the payments depends on the date of accident and the permanency rating afforded. CALL HLH TODAY to learn more.
Why HLH Law Group?
Unlike many other local law firms, the owners of HLH Law Group live in Naples and are personally accessible for a FREE consultation 7 days a week.
Attorneys Catherine Little-Hunt and Melissa B. Hemmert recognize that clients often need to speak with their attorneys rather than a paralegal or secretary.
For this reason, all HLH clients are provided with their attorney’s personal email, and all client calls and emails are responded to within 24 hours.
The HLH Law Group team understands the importance of finding an attorney you can trust, when you or a family member have been injured.
You and your family should be able to focus on getting better, while we handle the rest.
HLH is here for you and your family to answer all of your questions. No case is too small, and we welcome all questions.